As 2017 comes to a close, we look back at a year that was quite amazing in many ways. Much of what is amazing about it swirls around our new President, Donald Trump, a man who has been quite a surprise I must say. In 2017 we saw:
- England began to exit the EU
- The US Struck Syria with missiles and began dismantling ISIS
- US Withdrawal from Paris Climate agreement
- Increased Pestilence including cholera and the black death
- the Great American solar eclipse
- Massive devastating hurricanes
- Robot humanoid recognized as a Saudi citizen
- Terrible terrorist attacks, including one of the worst incidences of domestic terror ever in Las Vegas
- US and Israeli withdrawal from UNESCO over UN’s lopsided bias against Israel
- President Donald J. Trump announces US recognition of Jerusalem as Israel’s capital and the beginning of steps to move our embassy there.
Truly amazing year. It would seem hard to top. But, incredibly, we always seem to witness even more in each subsequent year as time is winding down. So what will happen in 2018? Only the Lord knows for sure, but it would seem we will see further rise in artificial intelligence, and I would predict an increase in the Gog alliance against Israel with Erdogan and possibly Putin leading the charge. Immorality will continue to be flaunted in astounding ways and Bible believing Christians marginalized even further if not persecuted. Economic collapse? Possibly. The Bubble is surely growing. Nuclear war? I doubt it – unless we reverse course on Jerusalem. Then, I expect the Zechariah 12 principle to take affect. Whatever happens though, it is sure to be exciting and it is comforting to know that no matter what happens, God is in control. See you in 2018!